On a die defying episode of All Sorted, Jeff and James discuss LEGO Boardgames.
Thanks to Jacoby Young for setting us down the LEGO board game rabbit hole:
Roll the dice on LEGO’s early board games:
Watch LEGO attempt to be a major game publisher (Part One):
- LEGO publishes 12 games in five years!
- Came in two versions, terrible table hockey, or, anger-management roboty things…
- Featuring fun cardboard versions of minifigs! Now you can play with minifigs without all that annoying articulation an “3Dness” getting in the way!
Catch our breath:
- Nothing happens for four years…
- Except behind the scenes:
- In 2006 LEGO hires board game designer Cephas Howard to develop a line of board games.
- Reiner Knizia and Bernie DeKoven are brought in to consult.
Watch LEGO attempt to be a major game publisher (Part Two)
LEGO comes out of hibernation and goes on to release 43 games over the next five years! Here is a sampling:
Take LEGO gaming into our own hands:
Finally, Do you have a favorite LEGO board game, either official or MOC? If so let us know in the comments, or hit me up on twitter, @StillSorting.