On a die defying episode of All Sorted, Jeff and James discuss LEGO Boardgames.
(Listen above, grab the RSS feed or subscribe in iTunes)
Thanks to Jacoby Young for setting us down the LEGO board game rabbit hole:
Roll the dice on LEGO’s early board games:
Watch LEGO attempt to be a major game publisher (Part One):
- LEGO publishes 12 games in five years!
- Came in two versions, terrible table hockey, or, anger-management roboty things…
- Featuring fun cardboard versions of minifigs! Now you can play with minifigs without all that annoying articulation an “3Dness” getting in the way!
Catch our breath:
- Nothing happens for four years…
- Except behind the scenes:
- In 2006 LEGO hires board game designer Cephas Howard to develop a line of board games.
- Reiner Knizia and Bernie DeKoven are brought in to consult.
Watch LEGO attempt to be a major game publisher (Part Two)
LEGO comes out of hibernation and goes on to release 43 games over the next five years! Here is a sampling:
Take LEGO gaming into our own hands:
Finally, Do you have a favorite LEGO board game, either official or MOC? If so let us know in the comments, or hit me up on twitter, @StillSorting.
Like what we're doing here? Let someone else know!